The rise of electronic books is giving traditional book publishers a scare. Is there a reason for this? There is a basis for them to run for cover (their hardbound covers that is). Ebooks are inexpensive and easy to easy to get. They are available online and are easy to share with other users. What are the main considerations in buying ebooks?
- Price- you save money by buying ebooks compared to real books which are priced higher. The marketing of traditional books cost more and they have to be bought in brick and mortar outlets or stores. In comparison,
- ebooks can be downloaded online once you pay the cost. It is so easy.
- It is more environmentally friendly- you do not need paper to have an ebook. Think of al the trees that are saved by buying ebooks.
- Less storage space- you will not clutter your house with all the books that have to be put in a shelf. This means you do not have to buy a shelf for your books to store in. An ebook can be stored in your computer’s hard disk.
- You can read your ebook from any location- As long as you have your devices with you like a laptop, notebook or mobile phone- you can access your ebook to read.
- You can lent it to friends- as long as the publisher of thebook allows it,
you can lend your ebook to your friends for a certain period of time.
- More resources are printed in ebooks- there are a lot of good resources printed in ebook formats that can be useful to you. This is because the cost of coming out with an ebook is cheaper so more authors are resorting to publishing a book in this method.
There are more advantages of buying an ebook over real books. The number one reason is price and ease of acquiring an ebook. Consider your options.
This blog was provided by Approved.co.za