Having a mobile phone is a must even for students. You need to be in touch with your family and friends. You should know how to keep the mobile phone bills within reasonable costs though. Here are a few tips on how you can do that.
1) Stick within your plan-If you are allowed a certain number of credits within a month, do not go over the budget. Track the number of calls of you make so you don’t exceed the plan.
2) Use prepaid- prepaid services are a great way to minimize your consumption compared to postpaid plans. You get to track your usage and you buy the number of credits that you need each month.
3) Have the same network as family and friends- if you are using the same network as friends or family, your calls are going to be free. This is a big savings so take advantage of this great way to save on mobile phone bills.
4) Take advantage of bundled services- mobile services, internet and satellite services can be provided by one company and offer you rewards for doing business with them.
5) Get a plan with unlimited texting- texting is cheaper than making voice calls. It is also a great way to get your message across since the recipient has time to respond to your message.
6) Do not call toll-free numbers from your mobile phone- these are not actually free call not unless you use a landline. Wait until you are at home before you call a toll-free number.
7) Do not pay for extra services- are you paying for add-ons that you do not need. If you only require basic voice and text services, do not sign up for other services as well that involve data.
Compare prices with other mobile phone carriers and perhaps you can get a better deal by switching. If your current provider is offering a good deal for being a loyal subscriber, stick with them. It’s up to you and what suits your need.